"Because you can't  be everywhere..."

Author Topic: A Big Thank You For The Owner Of Mare Stare  (Read 21883 times)

Offline Penny-LilPondarosaMini

• Owner/Agent
  • Foaling 2015. Join us, you are family in our barn.
    • Ketterman's Lil Pondarosa Minis
A Big Thank You For The Owner Of Mare Stare
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:18:28 PM »
  I often wonder if Heather Troglauer the Owner of Mare Stare envisioned all the greatness she would create when she started Mare Stare.  This has truly been a great undertaking of hers caring for and loving animals so much to make a safe place for them to all coincide. I realize this has grown far beyond her expectations when she started this to simply keep an eye on her mares.
     Now hundreds of us are involved with it for the sake of the moms on cam.  I along with other cam owners that I have talked to wonder how we ever made it through a foaling season before finding Heather's creation of Mare Stare. I for one can remember sleeping an hour at a time and going to check on them.  It was an exhausting time. I still lose sleep now but I thrive to help other cam owners watch their girls as mine have been watched.    There are so many days go by that we all just watch and stare at our beautiful mares and keep an eye on all the others, we also make wonderful friendships that will last us a life time with others that have the same passions for animals that we do. Some come here to simply see the miracle of birth with their own eyes and become addicted to the greatness that is inside Mare Stare. Yet never realize that it was all started by a truly kind hearted woman who just wants to see all the critters have safe and uneventful births.
     Mare Stare has become such a great teaching tool for all of us. I for one can say I have seen situations unfold that has saved a foal for me, and am so thankful to all the farms and cam owners that are allowing me to learn from you.
     Heather has brought on some really fantastic people to help her make Mare Stare continue to thrive.  Rich has been an awesome addition to Heather's creation and has created alot of things here we all enjoy without us realizing it. Our alarm system was designed by him and so many other things. Heather has also added Mods to help keep Mare Stare running smoothly, which put in many hours of their time to help keep Mare Stare wonderful. All the Mods here do this for the love of the animals and each and everyone of them is an important part of Mare Stare that we could never do without. I am proud to be apart of the team and am grateful to share this dedication with them.
     We are all apart of a wonderful family and I am truly grateful to Heather for creating this great place for us, where even young teens can come learn without having to worry about what they will see in print.
     Heather I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this great family friendly place that is filled with so much love and dedication.
Forever Humbly Grateful To You For All Your Hard Work  And Vision
               Penny 

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=pondarosa Our Motto: "Too Small For A Big Stall Are Gods Great Work Of Art".
Proud Family Member of Mare Stare since
March 9, 2006. Cam link http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=pondarosa All Welcome!!!

Offline Heather

• If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough.
  • Administrator
    • Mulligan's Run Farm ~ The home of Mare Stare
Re: A Big Thank You For The Owner Of Mare Stare
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:41:27 AM »
Thank you Penny.  It's wonderful to know that the service is appreciated.  It's unfortunate that it's had 91 views and no responses...makes you wonder if it's all worth the effort.

Offline Sierrasmom

• Stall Mucker
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »
I thank you to for making the site..I am new but like to watch the mares and thinking about getting a cam up if i decide to breed missy this year or next year

Offline pigtails

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »
Thank you Penny.  It's wonderful to know that the service is appreciated.  It's unfortunate that it's had 91 views and no responses...makes you wonder if it's all worth the effort.

You KNOW its all worth the effort or you wouldnt have as many members/viewers/cam owners/lurkers.
Being that this is in General Information, its probably missed by ALOT of people, as they dont stray to far from the other sections lol.

But IMO it is soooo worth it!!!  :hugs:
Kipper.

Offline Gwen

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 01:20:06 PM »
Awww Heather, we're here, there just isn't always anything to add.
Bless the Beasts and the Children
In this world they have no voice
They have no choice...

Offline Trainy

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »
For every extra sleep an owner can get knowing their horse is being watched, for every minute one of us has been all eyes on a foal, for every second that made a difference in the survival of a foal because of a phone call from another country.. it is well worth it..

Offline WyCherie

• Calendar Girl
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 03:05:46 PM »
I am so sorry I missed your post Penny. I haven't had a horse since my Shetland Pony when I was a child but my love for them has never wavered. My children were raised to always love and respect all God's creatures. I stumbled onto Marestare about a year ago and quickly became a fan. I have seen and read how much this service has helped so many people. I have met some truly wonderful people and advanced my education of all things animal more than you could ever know.
So thank you Heather for having your Minis and the need for extra eyes to help watch them. You have given all of us some warm and special moments. I enjoy feeling needed.
We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals ~ Immanuel Kant

https://www.facebook.com/WyCherie

Offline miniwords

• Owner/Agent
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
Thank you Heather! Marestare made my life so much easier this year. We foaled a mare out two years ago and I didn't sleep much at all for two weeks. This time I knew I wanted to have a camera on Marestare. It really helped  and I have told everybody I know about this site. So, thank you very much.  :bighug:
Cathy
Miniword Acres Miniature Horses

Offline Jeanna

• Cam Owner
  • Outhouse Monitor
    • PJ Pasture Arabians ~ Pintabians
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »

I work nine hours a day off the farm and being able to check on home is such a great comfort. I truly don't know what I would do without your wonderful service! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Offline Phyl

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 06:48:58 PM »
 :flower:    Heather,
I guess I pondered long enough what I wanted to say since Penny had said it so well, but here goes.
Marestare has brought me many hours of joy, entertainment, learning, happiness, caring and peace of heart.  I always keep asking myself the same question that Penny does, whether you had any idea that Mare Stare would grow to be what it has and provide so many services to so many people, whether breeders or watchers.  I truly doubt it.  But what I do know is it has done all these things and more.  I think some of your greatest gifts Heather are your caring and concern, patience and understanding, generosity and foresight.  Your williness to answer any question, to spend whatever time it takes to get a camera up and running for a farm that has a dire need for some people to be extra eyes and I don't think we'll ever know how many people have called for advice which you willingly gave, or that you called with a suggestion or information that you felt would be helpful. 
I was so impressed with how you informed us of your Daddy's illness and allowed us to share in helping to make his days just a little bit better for him if we could.  It took a great deal of trust in us for you to do that.  What an honor it was to be able to offer support to your father and your family at such a difficult time.  You kept your Dad at the center of the communication throughout and there was never a hint of "woe is me", saddness 'yes' but we were invited to share in that in a real and caring way without it being made to seem sensational.  No one but you knows the cost of keeping things going, keeping yourself going throughout it all.
The Mare Stare sight has taken on so much of your personality in regards to patience, understanding of one another, caring and concern, support, generosity constructive advice, and yes I know there have been nasty comments and PMs, which are in no way a part of who you are, but your sadness that it happens at all to anyone on Mare Stare IS a part of you and it is genuine.
I counted the other day on the cam board and found there are 87 new cams, 87.  Who would have thought.  Haven't counted how many in all, but will soon just 'cause I would like to know, just for the heck of it.  My guess is between 150 and 200 or maybe even more.  (Holy Man was I way off.  485 cams!  Can you believe that. 485 cams, approximately.)All of these farms and newborns and their Moms and owners owe you a debt that can never be repaid because this has been your "vision". I can't imagine how exhausted you must be sometimes, or even most of the time, but no complaining.  As you once said "it's what we do, Phyl".
I agree wholeheartedly with everything Penny has written and as I said when I began, I still feel I don't have the words for what I feel and would really like to say.  You can be so proud Heather of Mare Stare, as was your Dad.   Wishing you, those who are behind the scenes of keeping Mare Stare going, all the breeders/farms, and all those who come here for whatever reason many blessings and the strength to carry on when things are tough and the gratitude that comes with the good stuff.  Hang on Heather 'cause it's only going to keep growing and bringing good along with it to so many people as well as the fur babies and their Mommas.  Blessings Heather now and always.      :hugs:   Phyl

Edited to say:  I got carried away.  Sorry everyone.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:46:42 PM by Phyl »
~  Healthy and safe foaling season for everyone. ~

Offline shadowpaints

• Bought the Farm
  • cant have just one
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »
there are not enough words that i can express how grateful i am!! heather you have done such a wonderful thing for all of us that have  critters that are due!

before marestare, i didnt know how in the world i was going to start my dream of raising horses. since i have 2 small children i cant always stay up all night every night. when i found marestare, i was so excited! (and still am)

its so nice to have people who care to help watch my critters. if i didnt have marestare i would be doing all of this on my own! i could never do it! marestare is such a vital thing here on our farm! we plan on using marestare for MANY MANY MANY years to come!

i feel as though i have finally found my family! everyone on this site is so nice, and helpful . before marestare i often wondered if i was the only one that really cared about my animals... spoiling them all caring for them even in -20 degree weather and i have come to find that there are many of people like me right here!!

i have learned a TON here. i learn something new nearly every foaling. im glad to have everyone here in my barn, present during every birth, foaling, kidding, whelping!

im so glad that  you all are here!! Heather, you are a wonderful gal! and i cant wait to meet you someday! im gonna give you the biggest hug!

thank you also to all the mods, with out you heather would never ever get any rest!

i love you all!!
Becca
Have a Fluffy Day!
Becca

Offline bettey3

• Outhouse Monitor
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
Heather i just want to say thank you for  a very  :clever:  idea having mare stare.   i dont own horses but i use too. And i love watching these animals of all sorts   :pony1:  :donkey:  :goat:  :sheep:   :cow1:   :dog:   :pupdance:   :kitty:   with thier speacial deliveries   :ups:   And i have learned so much, i have cried and i have laughed felt the owners pains when things go wrong, prayed for owners and thier animals when they were sick.

Thanks again for letting me be a part of this and for all cam owners for  letting us into your barns and sharing these miracles of births   

:hugs:

Betty

Offline chelsm

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »
i read it but didnt post not really good with words... 

soo very well said penny and yes thank you heather!
Not broken don't fix it  and  If broken fix it :):)
~Chels

Offline mjrite

• Outhouse Monitor
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
Heather
 Penny and Phyl  both said everything that needs to be said! Your site is wonderful in so many ways and maybe people just don't say it enough but Marestare is more then just Cams it is family. You started this and should be proud of all of this!

Marguerite
Marguerite

Offline HHorseLover

• Totally Addicted
  • Me at 16 & Sandy
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »
Hey I too am grateful for Marestare.  I  :heart: watching the Mares foal and watching the foals grow up.  If not for Heather this would not be possible with such a big Family of critter lovers.  Also I wouldn't have met wonderful people on here that I have formed lasting friendships with.  Even though I may or maynot meet them someday we have Heathers MareStare site in common.  If it wasn't for Marestare I and my Husband wouldn't be going to Holland this Wed.  to meet Marestare Cam owners.  Thank you Thank you Thank you.  I tell everyone this is my hobby to watch horses butts all day when I can.  I don't usually stray far from the cams but once in a while I try to catch up.  Don't ever think that ALL of the MareStare People that keeps things running are not appreciated!  THEY ARE!  Ok back to my Butts and Baby watching.   :flowers1: