"Because you can't  be everywhere..."

Author Topic: A Big Thank You For The Owner Of Mare Stare  (Read 21886 times)

dane_c1987

Re: A Big Thank You For The Owner Of Mare Stare
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 08:59:56 AM »
Yes your efforts are most definitely appreciated! You've enriched so many horse lovers' lives by giving us the ability to watch our horses, I just need to sort the plugin out in order to appreciate it first hand!

Offline littleangels

• Totally Addicted
  • Ruby and Me
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »
I just saw this thread.  I don't have camera and I don't breed but I'm sure comfortable if I was put into a situation that I would be comfortable helping foal out a mare.  I have learned so much hear on this board.  I have friend from all over I would of never have met Dayle from HAA and her and Joe open up there farm and home to me to come make a visit.  Deb  from Nova Scotia and Bev from Oklahoma and many many more just talking in chat or on different threads.  This is a wonderful community of God loving, caring people.  Not just mare stare but even mare stare cares and all that you have done to help everyone out.  If I know someone is having troubles and need help I have contacted you and graciously you take the time to contact and help many people and animals.  You have the most wonderful dreams come true that  is for sure with Mare Stare and Mare Stare Cares. 

I wish some how some way we could all get together and meet each other it would be a world wide celebration that is for sure.  Maybe we could plan a vacation somewhere and all meet for a weekend or a couple of days.  Would anyone be interesting in doing this?????

Penny, Phyl and Becca said it all about Mare Stare and we all do care very much what happens to people and animals.  GREAT BIG HUGS to everyone  :bighug:

Offline Firedancer

• Northern Gems Siberian Husky Kennel
  • Hoof Picker
  • If ya ain't the lead dog...the view never changes!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »
Heather
Never for a moment should you question whether "it's all worth the effort". The service that Marestare and its extended family provides is worth its weight in gold. You can measure it by the countless lives it has saved and the many friendships it has forged since its conception. You provide the foundation of caring and compassion, patience and understanding that extends itself to the many barn boards and message strings. The amount of knowledge and horsey information that is found here equals no other forum that I have read...and it is offered in the most kindly and neighbourly fashion.
I only wish that I had this kind of loving, helpful place years ago. It would have saved me countless hours of sleeping in a cold, damp barn, only to have to 'go it alone' if something went wrong, or even if something went right. It is a lonely, scary situation when one has to assist with a birth at 3 am and the vet is an hour away. It would have been wonderful to have the "Auntie Brigade" in my pocket at those times.
I cannot add to anything that Penny or Phyl has already said...so I will just say thank you and God Bless. I may not always post but I am watching.

Karen, Ontario
"To capture a dream...you must first give chase"

Home of the FURRY SNOWDANCERS ~ Dakota, Kyobi, Krystal, Taku, Sunny, Cassie, Amy, Eddie and Mikey (Siberian Huskies) and me Karen, the Alpha Dawg

Offline dlp

• Manure Spreader
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 06:36:14 AM »
Heather, there isn't much to add that hasn't been said.  I don't post often, but am an avid lurker.  After checking my email, Marestare is the first place I go when I am at the computer.  Several years ago I had surgery.  The night before I got to witness my first foal being born thanks to this site.  Apparently after surgery, the only thing I kept telling people was I had watched a horse being born the night before.
God bless you and many thanks.
Debbie

Offline Angela GB

• Hoof Picker
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »
I first found Marestare in early 2006 and there were only a handful of cams, but look at it now. A list a cams as long as your arm  :applause:

I lost my job in Jan 2008 and as I could not find anything else due to my disability I started watching the cams more. It has now almost become like a job but a very enjoyable one at that.
I started lurking in chat and finally last year I joined in. I am so glad I did as I have made so many friends there.  I used to ride but can't anymore and this is my perfect horsey fix.

Heather you got no idea how much you enriched the lives of people like myself and others who are mostly housebound and to be able to help owners is a bonus.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Heather for this wonderful site and a special  :thanks: for trusting myself and others who are watching from across the pond to be Mods.

Offline Wendi(ca)

• Owner/Agent
    • The Horse House
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 09:32:47 PM »
I JUST saw this post...Dang real world been getting in the way too much lately.  :nutso:
BUT Heather don't you EVER EVER think your efforts go Unnoticed!!!!!  I have been here since the Conception of marestare and Without Heather TRUST me I would Not be here..Heather has bent over backwards when ever I YELLED--->>>>>> :smhelp: and More Important I can call Heather a SPECIAL FRIEND!!!!!!!!
Who would have thought The success Marestare would Bring...The Security US as Horse Owners can Feel By having Our Cams up......
Marestare is #1...Others have """""TRIED"""" To Copy Heathers success..KNOWN have succeeded..What does that tell you :smile14:
Love you Heather...and even when I'm NOT around all the time..Know that when i see my cam UP I Thank G-D for Marestare!!!!! :pony:

Offline rhondab

• Totally Addicted
  • Support Mare Stare Cares!!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 01:14:31 PM »
 :wow: when did this thread appear??  My apologies for just discovering it, obviously I spend most of my time in the foaling alerts dept.   To Penny...a wonderful tribute to Heather and Marestare.  To Heather...always know how important Marestare is to so many people, the way Marestare has grown over the years speaks volumes :)

To Heather, Rich and all Mods.... :thanks: :thanks: for all you do :)

Miz Dayzie

Offline crazymink

• I used to have money to burn, but lately I've been sifting the ashes!
  • Totally Addicted
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »
:wow: when did this thread appear??  My apologies for just discovering it, obviously I spend most of my time in the foaling alerts dept.   To Penny...a wonderful tribute to Heather and Marestare.  To Heather...always know how important Marestare is to so many people, the way Marestare has grown over the years speaks volumes :)

To Heather, Rich and all Mods.... :thanks: :thanks: for all you do :)

couldn't have said it any better. :smile1:

Offline Calli Bey

• Totally Addicted
  • DJ Bint Garzaa
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »
I just found this thread and wanted to add my thanks to Heather, Rich, the mods and the other starers.  I accidentally found this site just over a year ago and watch whenever I can.
Because of everything I have seen, happy and sad, I have decided to add my mare to the cams.  I've seen so many wonderful people posting who truly care. 
I've purchased my cam and will soon be a proud owner of a mare on Marestare

Thanks  Heather for such a caring site.

Lynn

Offline SpottedMinis

• ♥Britt♥
  • Totally Addicted
  • ♥♥Stridden Dirty ♥♥
    • R & D's Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 02:03:52 PM »
Oh wow just found this thread lol

Well I think Heather already knows how much she is appreciated by how many cams that are up and runnin on here!
i cant believe i havent heard of Marestare till Aug. 09....i was amazed at how things worked on here and how one person can manage it!(well im sure Rich is a big help :) )
Heather,before i found marestare,when we would have a mare due,we would litterally be up all night,i have even slept out in the barn in the stall with a mare!
Of course Heather you are a wonderful teacher and friend and im so happy to have found marestare! i was one of those,who thought i knew a lot about mares and foalin and all that....well lol i was wrong,i only knew about half of what i needed to know and im still learnin.
You,yourself,have taught me a lot,through convo and on your own cams. Im very thankful for you! and to know that i can call you if i ever suspect my mares in trouble,is an awesome feelin. along with knowin a few others have helped me too in that area.
I cant believe how many nice people there are on here and how many of them love to help. Its just amazin!
But you of all people,you are most amazin. the way you share things with us and let us in....im thankful for that!
lol listen im ramblin on :) kk gotta go now!

*HUGS*
Britt
Brittany Dunaway
Wilmington, Oh

Offline chrystalpaths

• My life's work is to help and to heal
  • Bought the Farm
  • http://www.chrystalpaths.com/
    • Chrystal Path
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 05:12:46 PM »
Mare Stare? Fabulous idea come to life.  I was hooked deep with Rosie.  I may not have horses any more but because of the cams I can watch em and love em.
http://www.chrystalpaths.com/
Pet charms, halter charms, pet jewelry,
something for the ladies and gents too.

Offline Cheri

• Totally Addicted
  • Bold
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 08:10:15 PM »
 :oops: Just found this while waiting for pictures to convert forms. Well said Penny! :bighug: Marestare is a wonderful learning tool for me. Last year I had a mare whose due date was unknown and because of the detailed descriptions and great pictures of bags, wax and Milk samples I was able to be present for the birth of our now yearling filly. So THANK YOU Heather for starting Marestare! THANK YOU RICH, LAURIE, and ALL the MODS for helping to keep it running smooth!  :bighug:

Offline shep

• Sabrina's Mom
  • Totally Addicted
  • CH Demi 8/12/01 - 3/5/06
    • Visions Cardigan Welsh Corgis
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 05:32:46 PM »
Even though I don't breed often. I :love: having my cam on here!  The family is wonderful!   :thanks: :thanks:
Please visit our blog:  http://www.tailsofvisions.blogspot.com/

Offline Yippia

• Manure Spreader
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »
Very well said Everyone!  Heather, Thankyou for such a wonderful site.  I became addicted when a friend of mine had her mare on cam.  I do have 2 little mini's that i love very very much.  Neither of them have ever been bred. So I do not have them on cam.
  But you know, there are other situations that have come up with them that i needed answers to.  And all the folks on marestare are always there for any questions i have ever had.  And in this way it has been a very beneficial site for me.  Horse people come in many forms, those just starting out and learning to care for horses, and those out there who know a great great deal about them.  It is a wonderful place to come for great friendships, knowledge, and to help others.
Thanks again Heather and staff!

Yippia

Offline patisoke

• Totally Addicted
  • I love donkeys and Llamas
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 08:03:38 PM »
Hi- I am just messing around waiting for things to happen and found this thread.I didn't think it applied to me,and it doesn't except that I am so glad I found MareStare to watch horses. I had been on Eagles-Falcon-Owl watch for awhile and they went north for summer and I looked up[ Mini horses cause I think they are so cute,.I don't have horses anymore and this looking at live as it happens  horses is a great thrill for me and I get involved and talking to so many people..I just want to tell you that I really admire what you are doing and that it is a totally needed thing for owner  and breeders. Thank you so much.