"Because you can't  be everywhere..."

Author Topic: A Big Thank You For The Owner Of Mare Stare  (Read 21885 times)

Offline Connie P

• Owner/Agent
  • Magic Mans All Izon Me
    • CLP Miniatures
Re: A Big Thank You For The Owner Of Mare Stare
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 06:43:34 PM »
I am another very grateful marestare customer and addict. Penny and Phyl have said everything so eloquently.  I will say ditto to what they said!  THANK YOU HEATHER and all that are involved in the creation of marestare.  :high5:  It won't be long now and we will all be back to the many hours sitting in front of our computers sharing the joy of all the 2011 babies!   :thanks:

:leaves:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 06:45:26 PM by Connie P »
Home to Magic Mans All Izon Me and Stonehenge Painted Feather!

Proud grandma of one very adorable grandson.  Ayden Andrew :-)

Offline Code3Steph

• Code 3 Quarter Horses
  • Owner/Agent
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
Heather,

I am all over the board and somehow just found this. I would like to second and third and fourth etc what everyone else has said.
We couldnt do it with out you. Marestare has brought us new friends, some as close as family... and also allowed us to keep our sanity during foaling season.
Your services are second to none.

Thank you from all of us at Code 3 Quarter Horses as well!
Courage is grace under pressure- Ernest Hemingway

Offline Sugarbrook

• Sugarbrook Farm
  • Bought the Farm
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 03:34:32 PM »
Heather<  I , too, just found this thread.  You know you are appreciated each and every day and each and every foaling!!! ;D          Sandy at Sugarbrook
Hunter/Jumper ponies

Offline sniesen

• Owner/Agent
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
OMG!! I know this is late but just reading and learning how to use this messaging system. 
This should be said to Heather everyday of her life!!!  It brought tears to my eyes.  I could not have said it any better, so Heather this is a ditto for me!!!
Thanks for all that you and your crew do
Sue Niesen
Gypsy Lane

Offline patisoke

• Totally Addicted
  • I love donkeys and Llamas
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 11:17:15 AM »
Hi Heather..I just bumbled through all this even tho I have been on here for several months..you are so great to be doing something that benefits so many ..and tho some of us don't have horses any more,we can still be involved.. and not very many people can do something and be so loved and rememembered for it..Thanks for all the friends and animal interaction you have made possible.

Offline docketsmom

• Manure Spreader
  • R.I.P. My Little Dockerz
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »
Sorry so late but thank you for Marestare, Heather! and thank you to all of the others who work hard to keep things running smoothly. I am new-ish, getting the hang of things.......*and* I am totally addicted! Many of my horse-people friends are,too. :thanks:

Offline Jenni-TWH

• Manure Spreader
  • Misty my '03 BLM Mustang and Myself <3
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 11:20:07 PM »
Long OVERDUE, but with the recent events surrounding this board I want to put in my 2 cents.....

Though I a just a watcher, and do not own a cam, having marestare has taught me soooo much. I cant even put into words how much I have learned. But I will say this.....without learning about upside down foals, and how to handle it (which I learned here) I would have lost my foal in 2009.

I love marestare and hope Heather and Rich keep up with the good work....Brush off the negetive and keep on going with the wonderful services you provide....

I would also like to thank the wonderful Mods!!! They too, keep this site functioning.  :trophy:
Horses are like potato chips......your never satisfied with just one!!!

Offline hhranch

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
I just found this thread today.   First off, let me say  :agree: with all that has ben said above!!!!
I have been a Marestare watcher for over a year. We will blame my friend Debbie, the stallion owner of my paint colt, who turned me on to this site!!!  She was watching/waiting for Sweet Pea to foal her filly at Painted Quarter Ranch.  Then I could not stop watching Lacey (aka "Orca") at Shadow Paints...that little girl had me on the edge of my seat for days and days.  And finally Tonya and her "boys" at Mulligan's Run totally had me hooked! 
The situations that I have watched and learned from here could not be learned anywhere else!  From pictures of bags, to red bag deliveries, to unusually hard labors.  This site is invaluable in my opinion.  I have rejoyced with people whom I have never met and probably never will meet, but somehow I feel they are my friends because I know them through their lovely girls.  Whether it be mini horses, riding horses, draft horses, dogs or cats, cows, pigs, sheep or goats...I have been fortunate enough to see them all being born right here!
Heather, did you ever DREAM there would be so many species?  Who would have thought that a family would cherish the birth of a calf just as much as a foal from a prized mare!!  But I have witnessed the utmost compassion with all these mamas and it truly makes my heart smile to know that I am not the only one who is totally crazy about her 4-legged kids.
Thank you to all of those who are behind the scenes who make this possible.  I pray that my work never gets wind of "marestare.com" because if they were to block my access during work hours I surely would go bananas!!!!

Thank you for this wonderful piece of heaven that I can enjoy when I cannot be outside enjoying my own little herd.  You can bet your butt that if I breed my mare again, I will have a camera set up for all the "Aunties" to see!!!!

:thanks:Thank you so much Heather and the entire team,
Jodie

P.S.  All of these goat owners nearly have me hooked and I am seriously considering starting a northern Boer Goat herd...have you watched their little tails???  Who can stand how cute they are?!
~Jodie

Offline icepony

• Fly Swatter
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 11:30:54 AM »
I would only be echoeing the accolades of others, and probably not nearly as well, but I still wanted to express my gratitude to the owner / creator of this site, and say how thrilled I was to discover its existence via the Horse and Man blog. I had the incredible priviledge of watching a new little donkey come into the world a couple of days ago (Asstec Acres) and am now seriously addicted. While I don't think with the market being such as it is, that I will be needing a camera in my own barn quite yet, never the less I know that when I do - I am definitely going to use this service. (So much better than visiting the barn ten times a night lol) So thank you for coming up with such a brilliant site.

Offline Pacific Pintos

• Owner/Agent
  • Conformation in a Colorful Package!
    • Pacific Pintos Miniature Horses
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 10:00:02 AM »

I found this topic after reading a new one from Rich and thought I would respond.

This is my third foaling season on Mare Stare. I had been with another service for two years before that. Mare Stare has been life changing for me. As other people have mentioned I have met and kept true friends through MS and kept in touch with them even when we are not foal watching. I have to say I have withdrawls when foaling season is over and it can be fun to watch some of the late births at other people's farms. As we know it is not only about "mares". Last week I watched German Shepherds playing and new born Samoyed's (too cute, just wanted to hug them all!).

Right now I am watching one of my own mares that is due to foal in the next few hours. In addition to the much loved Breeder Alert that she wears to let me know when she is down and pushing, I always hope I have people to give me a heads up when she is going down and close. These are life saving moments for the foal. If I can get to the barn before the water breaks or soon after I have a greater chance of having a live birth. Some mares do not lay flat when foaling. Some even stand. The alarm in these cases does not go off and a foal could be lost.

As a cam owner I am always grateful that people care enough to call or TM me and let me know if there is a problem with the mare, or even the foal. I cannot always be in the barn and even when I am in there I may not be looking when someone sees something I should know about. 

I am also very grateful to the people that record the births for us. I know you volunteer to do this and it has helped me to see the birth and let me learn from others and understand what happened in my own births. So a big   :thanks: to them as well.

Thank you Heather and Rich for all you do to keep this service available! 

Offline MistyMeadowLLC

• Owner/Agent
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 09:45:49 PM »
This was our first year breeding horses and our first year on Mare Stare...I didn't know how helpful it would be, but it came so highly recommended by others that I paid the price and had a foal cam set up in our barn so we could join Mare Stare.  Well, our first foal was born during the day and our landscaper alerted us to the impending birth.  Our second mare went into labor and lay down to have her foal at 3:30 am.  The barn manager had just checked her 15 minutes before and went back to sleep.  Luckily, someone from Mare Stare called at 3:30 and we were able to help deliver a healthy colt.  The mare kept pushing her butt into the wall and pushing the foal BACK IN!  IF it wouldn't have been for Mare Stare, I don't think we would have delivered a healthy foal.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Offline renee jewer

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 04:51:07 AM »
Better late than never.  :embarassed: Heather I too would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. What you have created is wonderful, not only did I receive fantastic help watching my mare last year but I also made some great friends.
Thank you     :flower:
I am watching from Italy.

franzks

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2012, 02:44:50 AM »
I just found this thank you heather for all you do I love helping the cam owners watch there horses

Offline junebug

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Heather,  :rock: 
I too just found this thread and thought I'd respond.  I am beyond thankful I found this site.  I have been a horse lover my ENTIRE life, but I don't have much experience with them.  I spent the length of high school showing drafts, but that's the extent.  I've learned so much from Marestare, and it has given me confidence to my future of owning horses.  My goal, since I joined is to some day raise mini's (quite the contrast from drafts!)
Although, it's not just the knowledge I've gained from here, but the friendships!  I've met some of the most caring, hilarious, wonderful people on here!

So, Heather, this is my thanks to you!!
~Ashley from PA

Offline Lantana

• Owner of Tennessee Walkers
  • Totally Addicted
  • Cracker Jack, Lantana, Macy and Dan
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 10:44:43 AM »
I just found this and wanted to thank you Heather for creating marestare.  I am not a cam owner but I am a faithful watcher.  I know that theses owners are so thankful for having this site so they can get some needed rest when they know that someone else is watching their precious animals and will alert them if need be.  Again thank you so much for enriching all of our lives.
Cathy