"Because you can't  be everywhere..."

Author Topic: Current Approval Process for New Members  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Mare Stare Support

• Totally Addicted
Current Approval Process for New Members
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »
Mare Stare's current policy regarding new member registrations is to allow a 24 to 48 hour waiting period before approving new member registrations. When you sign up for the message board, the following will happen:

1. You will receive a confirmation email that your registration was received. The email will state that you must be approved by an administrator before you can log in.

This will not happen for a minimum of 24-48 hours. The reason for this is to filter out spammers. Within 48 hours, most spammer email addresses will appear in one of the many lists out there. If you would like to speed up this part of the process, you can send me an email at rich (at) marestare (dot) com, from the same email address you used to register, and explaining who you are and why joined the forum. Be specific. Spammers will say generic things such as "I love your site. I can't wait to participate." That is something they can send to any site, regardless of the subject matter. That kind of statement will get you nowhere.

Another reason for the waiting period is to prevent "hot-headed" posts about bad foalings or other crises that may play themselves out on Mare Stare. Be advised that during a crisis or other controversial event and for some time after, NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE APPROVED.

2. Once the waiting period is over, or if I see that you are a real person, or I recognize your farm email from our customer database, I will approve your account. When this happens, you will receive another email with an activation link. You must click this link before you can log in. The purpose of this step is to be sure that you entered a valid, working email address in the registration form when you signed up. Our Terms of Service require that you maintain a valid email address on file. If your email address stops working at any point (I receive an email bounce notice,) your access to the forum may  be suspended.

3. Once you click the activation link, you should receive a third email that you can now log in to the message board. Visit

http://latigo.marestare.com/forum/index.php?action=login

to log in.