"Because you can't  be everywhere..."

Author Topic: Text Alerts added - Sign up now!!  (Read 13577 times)

Offline azvettech

• Totally Addicted
Re: Text Alerts added - Sign up now!!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
We made the news again with the birth of Dixie Moon at Michelle Flinn's farm.  Thank you so much Michelle for sharing this story with the world and for letting us know that the article is in print.

http://www.ajnews.com/

Heather, you must be so proud! See what you have started!!! I sure could have used this 12 years ago! Just fyi, my introduction to marestare just happened to be at Mulligan's Run!
~Cindy~

Offline Heather

• If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough.
  • Administrator
    • Mulligan's Run Farm ~ The home of Mare Stare
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »
Apparently proud and confused.  I should have started a new thread for this. LOL I will do that now :)  And yes, I am very proud and excited.  We are working on some new things for this upcoming year as well.

I realized this year that Mulligans Run was a huge part of Mare Stare.  It's good to know that they compliment each other so well.  Thank you for that reminder.

Offline Lantana

• Owner of Tennessee Walkers
  • Totally Addicted
  • Cracker Jack, Lantana, Macy and Dan
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
Is this service still being offered?   I signed up for it immediately when it started and I used to get the alerts.  I no longer get any text message alerts and I have not changed my number.
Cathy

Offline azvettech

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 06:14:31 PM »
Is this service still being offered?   I signed up for it immediately when it started and I used to get the alerts.  I no longer get any text message alerts and I have not changed my number.

I am having the same issue!
~Cindy~

Offline WyCherie

• Calendar Girl
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 11:39:11 PM »
Text alerts are generated by a mod that is on duty.  I have been lax about it recently but will try to be more vigilant in the future.  Since the births slowed down I have gotten out of the habit of texting them.  Promise to do better in the future.  :smile1:
We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals ~ Immanuel Kant

https://www.facebook.com/WyCherie

Offline azvettech

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »
Text alerts are generated by a mod that is on duty.  I have been lax about it recently but will try to be more vigilant in the future.  Since the births slowed down I have gotten out of the habit of texting them.  Promise to do better in the future.  :smile1:

Awe.......I'm not upset!! Was just wondering is all! Thank you for all you do Cherie!!  :bighug:
~Cindy~

Offline WyCherie

• Calendar Girl
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 11:55:06 PM »
:thanks:
We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals ~ Immanuel Kant

https://www.facebook.com/WyCherie

Offline Lantana

• Owner of Tennessee Walkers
  • Totally Addicted
  • Cracker Jack, Lantana, Macy and Dan
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »

Oh my Cherie....now we all know that you have just layed down on your job.   :roflmbo:  No seriously, I was just wondering if it was on my end so I could try to fix it.  We will forgive you.....I know how it is when things are really busy then all of a sudden it slows down....we sometimes forget what we used to do.  Thank you for letting us know and I for one appreciate everything you mods do for us.   :snowmansign:
Cathy

Offline mtbullion

• Totally Addicted
  • My beautiful boy Justin!
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »
Well that explains it  :laughter:   I have been wondering the same thing, but had no idea that it was manually done.  I thought it went out automatic with the high alert.  Just another reason to say "WyCherie is the bomb"!!!!   I appreciate her and the other mods even more!
*Teresa*  I live in God's Country on a small farm in the foothill's of the sierra's, in Central California.   We own several horses, dogs, cats, chickens, as well as other farm animals and we raise gamebirds.   Life is good!

Offline hhranch

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:44 AM »
I just received a TEST text alert.  Instead of replying to the text, thought i would post here.  It is working just fine!   :thumbs:
~Jodie

Offline mssupport

• Mare Stare Support
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
Please note that some answers to things that sometimes happen with the text alert system have been answered on the main post of this topic.

Q: Why didn't I receive an alert or why did it arrive hours after the original alert was sent?

A: This can be caused by lack of service in your area and your phone not receiving the message until proper service has been obtained.

Q: Why do I receive duplicate messages of an alert?

A: This can occur if you are in a low signal area and your phone checks for messages and sees the same message as not having been received on your phone before it can update the status in their database. We do not send alerts more than once.

Kind Regards,

The Mare Stare Support Team

If you are in need of support please email frank@marestare.com or fill out a support ticket for quickest response.

Offline horsegirl

• Fly Swatter
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 12:51:38 AM »
hi Heather could u plz add straight talk on the text alert.

Thank you so much

Jennifer 

Offline Heather

• If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough.
  • Administrator
    • Mulligan's Run Farm ~ The home of Mare Stare
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 10:01:42 AM »
Straight Talk isn't a service provider.  I am with Straight Talk but my plan is with Verizon. 

Offline mssupport

• Mare Stare Support
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »
Heather is correct. This article explains how Straight Talk and other similar services work.
http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2011/12/how-to-get-tracfone-net10-or-straight.html
Kind Regards,

The Mare Stare Support Team

If you are in need of support please email frank@marestare.com or fill out a support ticket for quickest response.