"Because you can't  be everywhere..."

Author Topic: Members Only Forum  (Read 12261 times)

Offline pigtails

• Totally Addicted
Re: Closed Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 11:27:32 PM »
I have firefox.. maybe it's another shortcut? cause f5 didn't work.

Refresh is below and in between View and History. Its like a circle with an arrow at the end.
Kipper.

Offline RunAround

• Owner/Agent
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »
Pigtails. I don't have the buttons, i can only see my tabs and the web address bar. I know I personalized it like that at one point so I had more room on the screen... but now it's not such a great idea! lol

Offline spacely

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 11:52:58 PM »
There is a Fire Fox add on called Auto Refresh or something similar. You can set it to refresh your page at certain intervals. I don't have the refresh button either (running the latest version of FF), but the add on works well (and I believe that is where that button comes from).

Offline pigtails

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »
Pigtails. I don't have the buttons, i can only see my tabs and the web address bar. I know I personalized it like that at one point so I had more room on the screen... but now it's not such a great idea! lol

Ahh ok, I don't use Firefox so wasn't sure.  :smile1:
Kipper.

Offline almostanark

• I have Almost An Ark
  • Totally Addicted
  • Dear Minnie Mee
    • AlmostAnArk Gypsy Vanners
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 02:17:52 AM »
Is that why we can't right click anymore? I use to right click to refresh the page because I have no idea where the refresh button is on my browser. LOL

Try "view" and "toolbars" and make sure "navigation toolbar is checked".. I think that might do it.  I run an older version of Firefox.  If you have a new version, then at the end of your "address" line (the URL line), way over at the right, there's a little circle with an arrow at the end.  That refreshes my WIn 7 firefox.   

Either should work I hope.
Laurie - on California time   www.almostanark.com
AlmostAnArk Gypsy Vanners (4), 1 QH, 1 mini donk, 1 chicken, 2 Border Collies, 1 Collie and kitty Jasmine
                              Oh, yea, and a husband to do the work.  ;)

Offline chelsm

• Totally Addicted
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 03:23:24 AM »
Aww Im sad BUT completely understand i was flagging a couple photobucket videos this week even due to it
Not broken don't fix it  and  If broken fix it :):)
~Chels

Offline RunAround

• Owner/Agent
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 09:32:19 AM »
What do you mean Chelsm? I'm just curious what happened to cause the site to be closed. I totally understand protecting members and am for it, just dunno what happened.

Offline almostanark

• I have Almost An Ark
  • Totally Addicted
  • Dear Minnie Mee
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
Run Around... did my solution, noted just above this message, help you with your refresh?

Also, I do NOT speak for MS, at all.. however, with it being a closed forum it protects all of us who post here from having things that we post, pictures of animals, etc, "borrowed" and pasted on other sites on the internet.

By allowing registered users "only" access, unscrupulous types who surf the internet looking for things to "borrow" are unable to do that.  It adds a layer of protection for all who post here so that what you post isn't cut and pasted and plastered, in an edited form, somewhere else by someone who was just passing by, so to speak.

Just MY opinion.. not legal, and, as I said, just a long time MS user.  It's not a bad thing, just go with the flow and sign in.  You can also PM Heather if you need more information.  She's great about replying to PM.s.

Have a great morning.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:55:23 PM by almostanark »
AlmostAnArk Gypsy Vanners (4), 1 QH, 1 mini donk, 1 chicken, 2 Border Collies, 1 Collie and kitty Jasmine

Offline patisoke

• Totally Addicted
  • I love donkeys and Llamas
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 01:46:16 PM »
I am sure glad I don't know anything about all this. I thought it had something to do with some of the plain ole meanness that can occur sometimes.. If there is a way to put a stop to that ,I am all for it. And if I get too onery myself, someone on here will tell me.. ;D

Offline Zaudika

• Outhouse Monitor
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
Is there a way to open a link in a new window?  I used to right-click on cam links and open in new windows... trying to figure out a new solution. lol

Offline almostanark

• I have Almost An Ark
  • Totally Addicted
  • Dear Minnie Mee
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 11:53:19 PM »
Is there a way to open a link in a new window?  I used to right-click on cam links and open in new windows... trying to figure out a new solution. lol

A suggestion Zaudika .. post your question on the forum that answers questions about how to use MS.   I can't put the link here, MS won't allow links now.

Include what you use for a browser, and your OS (Mac, or IBM, etc)

Offline rosti

• Owner/Agent
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »
RunAround, does CTRL r work to refresh?
Kailey
Katselu tammat (ja muita eläimiä liian) Amerikasta minun vuohien Heikki, Tullia, Vilijami, ja Petteri.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.    Exodus 20:7

Offline patisoke

• Totally Addicted
  • I love donkeys and Llamas
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »
I thought just f5 worked for refresh..will be curious as to this answer also..

Offline rhondab

• Totally Addicted
  • Support Mare Stare Cares!!
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »
I think making it a members only site was the bestest idea  :smile1:

Miz Dayzie

Offline ceejay

• Hoof Picker
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »
Well, even though I am not on the forum here often, except for foaling season, I DO say that I trust Heather to do whatever is right to keep us safe.  I also will say that I have been here for many years.  I would trust Heather with my back, anytime!!  I think that making it a members only forum was a smart thing to do.
cj
Life is short, love a Corgi!